Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 104 Now Available With Minor Improvements

Phoronix: Firefox 104 Now Available With Minor Improvements

Mozilla is ready to ship Firefox 104.0 this morning as the latest incremental improvement to this open-source, cross-platform web browser...

Did I understood the line correctly it was up to mozilla to include subtitle support for Disney+ ? I though such things are programmed by the webapp coder?

Comment

Any improvements with the driver support? Va-api, Wayland, webGPU ?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
        Did I understood the line correctly it was up to mozilla to include subtitle support for Disney+ ? I though such things are programmed by the webapp coder?
        It's a fix for Disney+ subtitles in Firefox's PIP mode/the minimize video button. You'd be surprised how many streaming features don't work correctly with its PIP. One that I notice is that the video progress slider on Hulu doesn't work in PIP mode.

Comment

Congratulations on catching up with chrome release version 🎉

Comment

Support for editing PDFs is only on Beta at the moment, not available in 104.

Comment

"Firefox 104 also adds subtitles for Disney+ picture-in-picture mode"

All it needs is a static title saying "Anything Disney now produces is utter crap".

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                I was hoping for VA-API to be activated with 103, but it seems it wasn't. Works absolutely fine on my 3rd gen i7 with h264ify though. I wonder if it could be enabled for specific hardware only (read: not nvidia).

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                  AFAIK nothing major, just a constant stream of bugfixes but nothing new turned on by default. 105 has some improvements on the ARM front, enabling HW rendering on a more devices (actually turning it on for all devices on Mesa >= 22.2), faster WebGL via dmabuf etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hamishmb View Post

I was hoping for VA-API to be activated with 103, but it seems it wasn't. Works absolutely fine on my 3rd gen i7 with h264ify though. I wonder if it could be enabled for specific hardware only (read: not nvidia).
                    I had see it not work in a AMD A8 7600 APU. But that was a exception. It was funny see it working on a C50 APU on a netbook on Linux but not Windows.

The only problem I have with it now is AV1 support on YT. Works fine on Windows, but in Linux there is color artifacts. That on a RX6600 GPU. VP9 works like a dream, tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X