KDE Developers Work Through More Bug Fixes & Features For Plasma 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Work Through More Bug Fixes & Features For Plasma 6.1

Phoronix: KDE Developers Work Through More Bug Fixes & Features For Plasma 6.1

KDE developer Nate Graham is out with his weekly development summary to outline all of the prominent feature work and fixes that landed in the KDE space this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh nice, Kolourpaint was one of the few Qt5 apps remaining on my system - glad to see that ported.

Comment

Major regression? Various crash fixes? Probably not as major as they make it sound, given that everyone and their mother keeps on commenting how rock solid and bug-free Plasma 6 is.

(Don't hate on me; I really like KDE, so it's not an anti-KDE post.)

Comment

I will be happy if they fix the disappearing trash can whenever you put something into it .......... constructive critism, been rocking Plasma daily for 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
          Major regression? Various crash fixes? Probably not as major as they make it sound, given that everyone and their mother keeps on commenting how rock solid and bug-free Plasma 6 is.

(Don't hate on me; I really like KDE, so it's not an anti-KDE post.)
          I imagine it's pretty major if you use LUKS encryption. I don't, so...

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Oh nice, Kolourpaint was one of the few Qt5 apps remaining on my system - glad to see that ported.
            There's always Krusader. That thing took ages to move off Qt4, so I'm not holding my breath. Luckily, since Qt5 and KDE Frameworks5, everything has been broken into small modules, so programs still depending on older versions won't install the whole framework just to use some bits here and there.

Comment

Hope they fix this annoying bug soon: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=484323

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

There's always Krusader. That thing took ages to move off Qt4, so I'm not holding my breath. Luckily, since Qt5 and KDE Frameworks5, everything has been broken into small modules...
                There is https://invent.kde.org/utilities/krusader/-/issues/28

Comment

Originally posted by HighValueWarrior View Post
                  I will be happy if they fix the disappearing trash can whenever you put something into it ..........
                  Maybe stop putting nasty things in it? It has its own feelings ya know...

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

There's always Krusader. That thing took ages to move off Qt4, so I'm not holding my breath. Luckily, since Qt5 and KDE Frameworks5, everything has been broken into small modules, so programs still depending on older versions won't install the whole framework just to use some bits here and there.
                    And the leap from Qt 5 to 6 is much smaller than from 4 to 5, so it should be easier to port now, just like GIMP GTK 3 to 4. Besides, Krusader is not even really a good example. What about Amarok? There's still no stable Qt 5 version to date. At least Krusader has been stable on Qt 5 for a long time now.

In fact, with Amarok it's even more of a shame, as it was once regarded as one of the best and most extensible music players on Linux, and even if you didn't agree, at least you knew about it. Krusader, on the other hand, is also fantastic, but it's targeted towards a niche (especially these days) group of people that want a more traditional file manager.

Edit: marked "stable" bold as apparently I wasn't clear enough by just writing the word "stable".
                    Last edited by Vistaus; 21 April 2024, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X