Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL3 Adds PipeWire Camera Support

Phoronix: SDL3 Adds PipeWire Camera Support

Adding to the growing list of features coming with the SDL3 release for this hardware/software abstraction layer commonly used by cross-platform games and other software is PipeWire camera capturing support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wim, The Legend.

PS. For a while, I thought that the bloke's name is actually Tim Waymans and his internet persona has it flipped for lolz or something. Boy, was I wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by slagiewka View Post
      Wim, The Legend.

PS. For a while, I thought that the bloke's name is actually Tim Waymans and his internet persona has it flipped for lolz or something. Boy, was I wrong.
      He does have a cool name. Checking out the names of coworkers on email threads or Zoom meetings can be fun sometimes. My wife was on a thread with Alien Wang once.

Comment

Wim, The Legend.

Have a brain that swaps letters around. Names like that are real fun ​.

Us thinking things like that also shows a cultural bias. It's like how sometimes when I read a name like Petyr my first instinct is to think it belongs in /r/tragediegh, not that it's a common spelling in a different country and then I feel like I'm one of those people trying to spellcheck someone else using colour.

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

He does have a cool name. Checking out the names of coworkers on email threads or Zoom meetings can be fun sometimes. My wife was on a thread with Alien Wang once.
        I hope he was a proctologist.

Comment

My first (incorrect) guess at his nationality was Dutch (he's Belgian) because it feels like they have all the examples of being related to English in just the right way to inadvertently troll our intuition about what words and names should look like.

Comment

Working...
          X