No announcement yet.

With Mesa Git You Can Now Run A Completely Open Graphics Stack On The Tegra X1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Mesa Git You Can Now Run A Completely Open Graphics Stack On The Tegra X1

Phoronix: With Mesa Git You Can Now Run A Completely Open Graphics Stack On The Tegra X1

With today's Mesa 18.1-devel Git code, the last of the Tegra/Nouveau code has landed where it's now rounded off for offering a completely open-source and accelerated graphics stack that works well on the Tegra210 (Tegra X1) SoC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting! Any hope for Tegra 3?
    (I have an Ouya and Nexus 7 collecting dust...)

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
      Interesting! Any hope for Tegra 3?
      (I have an Ouya and Nexus 7 collecting dust...)
      I have a Nexus 7 too, been thinking about it. But too much trouble when you don't have proper documentation.

Comment

The actual state of the driver isn't clear.......does it include 2D acceleration? 3D acceleration - which version of OpenGL/OpenGL ES/Vulkan does it support? How's the performance? Video decoding/encoding support? Compute support?

Comment

Veto: Tegra 3 has a completely different GPU, but check out github.com/grate-driver

Comment

Working...
          X