Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightNVM Getting Open-Channel 2.0 Support For Linux 4.17

Phoronix: LightNVM Getting Open-Channel 2.0 Support For Linux 4.17

LightNVM patches are called for pulling into the Linux kernel's block layer that would land for the Linux 4.17 kernel and provide Open-Channel 2.0 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think that till now I/O read operations have problems in every mass devices managed by kernel and linux file systems. I note a difference on hard drive management from XP and Linux operating systems too much apparent. Linux operating systems are too much slow in confront of XP, as example. On XP, no noise and faster operations, on linux, hard drives send noises and the operations are slower. So that, what has been announced by Jeff Layton of Red Hat about inode's i_version code is true.
    Last edited by Azrael5; 30 March 2018, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      I think that till now I/O read operations have problems in every mass devices managed by kernel and linux file systems. I note a difference on hard drive management from XP and Linux operating systems too much apparent. Linux operating systems are too much slow in confront of XP, as example. On XP, no noise and faster operations, on linux, hard drives send noises and the operations are slower. So that, what has been announced by Jeff Layton of Red Hat about inode's i_version code is true.
      Probably hardware-related issues on tour PC, or the system was running some background task.

OpenSUSE Plasma/KDE is faster than XP on my old HP workstation rocking a Pentium D945 and a really old 40GB Sata drive.

Comment

Working...
      X