No announcement yet.

AMDGPU Linux Kernel Driver Gets Patches For Vega M Support - Intel Kabylake G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU Linux Kernel Driver Gets Patches For Vega M Support - Intel Kabylake G

Phoronix: AMDGPU Linux Kernel Driver Gets Patches For Vega M Support - Intel Kabylake G

Earlier this month Vega M support came to RadeonSI OpenGL, with Vega M being the Radeon graphics found within Intel's Kabylake G processors. There was then Vega M support for the RADV Vulkan driver but these user-space drivers won't work without the kernel bits and now there is that support with 32 AMDGPU DRM patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There goes my hope for getting the new Dell 15 2-in-1 any time soon.

Comment

So when's AMDGPU going to be stable for Pitcairn GPU's? So far AMDGPU on my Radeon HD 7850 freezes Cinnamon on kernel 4.15 and 4.16, but on 4.13 it just freezes applications like Dolphin and Firefox.

Comment

Is there any desktop versions of these Intel 'APU's coming? Would be a nice move

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
          Is there any desktop versions of these Intel 'APU's coming? Would be a nice move
          They only come in soldered package parts, because it isn't a normal sized socket. So you won't get socketed desktop parts, you will get soldered to mobo desktop parts though which is the Hades Canyon NUC and the like.

Comment

I'd expect mini-ITX with soldered Kaby Lake G at some point too.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
              They only come in soldered package parts, because it isn't a normal sized socket. So you won't get socketed desktop parts, you will get soldered to mobo desktop parts though which is the Hades Canyon NUC and the like.
              Of course, they might be able to put the GPU + HBM2 dies on a PCIe card. 24 CUs and a stack of HBM2 should be a nice replacement for their current RX 560 and its 16 CUs. At desktop clocks & power consumption, I imagine it could properly compete with a GTX 1050 Ti.

Comment

i used all patches but I cannot get working xorg-server (I patched and added missing pci-ids in radonsi) but nothing help.
                here dmesg https://pastebin.com/S7FU8uWY

any idea what could be wrong ? mesa latest from cgit - all vega m patches included, kernel drm-next-staging amd and added firmwares (also all patches included) xorg patched myself
                x86-video-amdgpu latest from cgit

but xorg still don't cannot recognize GPU

Comment

Working...
                X