Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle for Wesnoth 1.14 Brings A New Single-Player Campaign, Launches On Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle for Wesnoth 1.14 Brings A New Single-Player Campaign, Launches On Steam

Phoronix: The Battle for Wesnoth 1.14 Brings A Single-Player Campaign, Launches On Steam

When it comes to original open-source games, The Battle for Wesnoth remains one of the premiere choices that has now been in development for the past 15 years and is GPL licensed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to hear that Battle for Wesnoth is not dead yet, lately it was much less active than in the past years.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

It's very good game. Good to see it on steam.

Comment

I thought it already had a single player compaign. In fact it had a few

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          I thought it already had a single player compaign. In fact it had a few
          And now it has one more.

Comment

The cools stuff is how various custom playstyles are possible in that game with custom mods-maps.

Comment

So glad to see another release, makes me want to contribute to the next one.

Comment

It always looks like a great game, but I could never quite understand it. Maybe one day I will...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  It always looks like a great game, but I could never quite understand it. Maybe one day I will...
                  There is a tutorial to get you going. It's not very difficult, although it takes a very long time to master. It's one of the best games I've ever played. I hope they continue refining it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by kingu View Post
                    So glad to see another release, makes me want to contribute to the next one.
                    Well, we're definitely always looking for new people who are willing and able to help out . C++ developers in particular, but there's no area of the game that's considered 100% finished.

Comment

Working...
                    X