NVIDIA Releases The 396.24 Linux Driver With X.Org Server 1.20 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases The 396.24 Linux Driver With X.Org Server 1.20 Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases The 396.24 Linux Driver With X.Org Server 1.20 Support

NVIDIA has introduced their first stable driver in the 396 driver series for Linux, the 396.24 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it support 4.16? I do wish Nvidia put the compatible kernel versions in their release notes..

Comment

Is that full support for modifiers (DRI 3.2)? Or just works with Xorg Server 1.20 without the new features?

Comment

Originally posted by audi100quattro View Post
        Does it support 4.16? I do wish Nvidia put the compatible kernel versions in their release notes..
        Yes, it even runs on 4.17-rc.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          Is that full support for modifiers (DRI 3.2)?
          How do you test for that?

Comment

For anyone wondering:

No, the 396 branch does not fix the overhead issues introduced with 390.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
              How do you test for that?
              Shrugs

Comment

I've been using the 396.24 driver with Kubuntu 18.04 for a couple of weeks now - everything seems to be working just fine. Haven't had any problems, everything feels rock solid.

Comment

Working...
                X