Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's Steam Link Is Now Available For Android

Phoronix: Valve's Steam Link Is Now Available For Android

The first of two new Steam Apps for mobile devices is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If you are benchmarking how long it takes a brophen to install an app I think we are at 1.3 seconds

Comment

Good timing. I applied the Steam update last night at home and updated the firmware of my steam controller as a preparatory step.

I think I have some experimenting to do tonight involving a 10.5" tablet, my couch, some headphones, GRID Autosport, and a now-bluetooth-enabled steam controller.

The 5Ghz requirement might push me to finish configuring the dual-band AC router I acquired recently as well (to replace a ~7 year old dual-band N router). The new one has external antennas and hopefully enough 5Ghz range to hit the whole house.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        The 5Ghz requirement
        I think it's not an requirement but a recommendation for optimal performance. It could be a requirement in practice, though.

Comment

Houuuuuuu... Android TV compatible... Do i need Steam Link HW anymore ? I Will test that soon !

Comment

Got quite fast responce from guy at valvesoftware.com after reporting my galaxy s5 had problems and picture seemd distorted with rainbow colors. Think they are working on this which is nice.

Comment

Working ok, at least on 5Ghz, they actually stream your whole desktop, switch virtual desktop and you're in your browser.

Yes a controller is a must though.

Comment

Working...
              X