Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.18 To Report CPU Temps Finally On Stoney & Bristol Ridge

Phoronix: Linux 4.18 To Report CPU Temps Finally On Stoney & Bristol Ridge

The hardware monitoring "hwmon" updates have been sent in for the just-opened Linux 4.18 kernel merge window while what's interesting this time around are the k10temp driver updates for AMD CPU temperature reporting...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Okay, better late than never, but wow, this actually is late. I wonder what took it so long. I would not have expected temperature readings to be a lot of work to write code for. Or was there some entirely different problem?
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      Okay, better late than never, but wow, this actually is late. I wonder what took it so long. I would not have expected temperature readings to be a lot of work to write code for. Or was there some entirely different problem?
      I would venture that it is a dev that knows what they are doing with the time and the resources to do it more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        Pretty much all of these products were forgotten before they were even released. These products were never sent for review samples, they weren't advertised, their release dates were pretty under-the-radar, and most of them couldn't be bought individually for a long while (they were mostly only available to OEMs). They're niche even among AMD enthusiasts, so it wouldn't surprise me if development was slow simply because nobody thought to work on it.

Comment

Well...I'm one of those niche enthusiasts! I have a Lenonvo laptop with a Bristol Ridge and an HP desktop with a Bristol Ridge APU. They are process enhanced Carrizo APUs with higher clocks and more granular power control. I paid less than $250 for each one. Lot of bang for those kinds of bucks, especially after each new kernel upgrade and Mesa upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X