NVIDIA 340.107 Legacy Linux Driver Brings X.Org Server 1.20 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 340.107 Legacy Linux Driver Brings X.Org Server 1.20 Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 340.107 Legacy Linux Driver Brings X.Org Server 1.20 Support

NVIDIA has rounded out their supported Linux drivers with X.Org Server 1.20 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, the NVIDIA 340 driver is the only one that works well on my GPU(Quadro FX 770M), Nouveau only has OpenGL 3.0 for my card, also uses more power and is slower.

Comment

Considering that nvidia hasn't made a new GPU for ages, and isn't planning to do so, we can consider the current "main branch" legacy too. After all, if Pascal was made by AMD, it would be officially legacy for sure.

Comment

I believe Fermi hardware was capable of Vulkan but I knew NVIDIA would place it on a legacy branch when they skipped Vulkan support.
        To be honest, the main reason I moved from Fermi to Kepler to Pascal was to stay on the mainline driver for longer.

Comment

Working...
        X