Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Intel ARB_gl_spirv Code Lands In Mesa, But Still Not Ready To Finish Up OpenGL 4.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Intel ARB_gl_spirv Code Lands In Mesa, But Still Not Ready To Finish Up OpenGL 4.6

Phoronix: More Intel ARB_gl_spirv Code Lands In Mesa, But Still Not Ready To Finish Up OpenGL 4.6

The end of July marks one year since the release of OpenGL 4.6 but sadly it doesn't look like the Mesa drivers will meet that anniversary for having working open-source OpenGL 4.6 compliance in the mainline Mesa code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, have you seen that also the SIMD32 patches were merged? I'm waiting for some performance results

Comment

Can these help DXVK to use OpenGL's transform feedback for stream output implementation until Vulkan will get such support?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Can these help DXVK to use OpenGL's transform feedback for stream output implementation
        No and I refuse to even take that kind of nonsense seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
          No and I refuse to even take that kind of nonsense seriously.
          Well, Khronos thought to allow mixing OpenGL and Vulkan, no idea how exactly they envision such kind of usage, but it surely sounds ugly.

Comment

Working...
          X