Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox One S Controller Rumbling On Linux, Valve Working On Upstreaming SteamOS Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox One S Controller Rumbling On Linux, Valve Working On Upstreaming SteamOS Changes

Phoronix: Xbox One S Controller Rumbling On Linux, Valve Working On Upstreaming SteamOS Changes

While the Microsoft Xbox One S Controller has been supported under Linux for a while now, its rumble mode has not been supported by the mainline Linux kernel. That's now in the process of changing with the upstreaming of up until now out-of-tree patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last year, support for both DualShock 4 and XBone S controllers via bluetooth was very messy. The Sony got fixed (but a little problematic with KDE here). I hope that Canonical got to backport this patch for their stable kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Last year, support for both DualShock 4 and XBone S controllers via bluetooth was very messy. The Sony got fixed (but a little problematic with KDE here). I hope that Canonical got to backport this patch for their stable kernel.
      This is actually duplicate work. A driver called xpadneo has existed for quite some time. Valve should work on helping that project and help to get it into the kernel instead of wasting its precious TF2-hat-earned money on duplicate work. Duplicate work is the cancer of linux ecosystems.

Comment

I'm using xpadneo which works pretty great and has a lot more features (battery status, rumble on the triggers, dpad to button and so on) as the Valve driver. https://github.com/atar-axis/xpadneo

Comment

And when will it have support for coherent philosophy. Or do you want Microsoft gamecopying lamers to be your main userbase. Which basically happened because they lack a coherent philosophy. Microsoft Bill Gates claimed atheism, Valve is known for psychedelic (++) art, it all is shaytan/totemic.

What if you got rid of gamecopy lamers. And had them pay a fair price. These principles where originally of monotheism, and I am testing out philosophy with a zén-concept of The Gôdh, deassociating it from hallucinogens.

An OS based on Fair Pay, and Indie participation in the PC economy, may finally be the "Good OS" that one wants. See also http://www.nyt.cloud BBS.

Peace.
          Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 12 August 2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox Ethereal View Post
            And when will it have support for coherent philosophy. Or do you want Microsoft gamecopying lamers to be
            (...)
            Peace.
            This is better than loremipsum. Care to share the source?

Comment

Paradox Ethereal
              These principles where originally of monotheism, and I am testing out philosophy with a zén-concept of The Gôdh, Ixxis, deassociating it from hallucinogens.
              Goodness, I just achieved enlightenment reading that post. Are you available as a guru? Asking for a friend.

Comment

valve has hired Andrey apparently with a view of undertaking more kernel contributions https://twitter.com/Plagman2/status/...658956288?s=19
                Last edited by humbug; 11 August 2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Apparently my post got sensored. The communist aspect of GNU will also be fixed. Anyone has ever experienced sensorship by GNU´ers, we have heard you.

Comment

The first thing I do when using a controller in a new Windows installation is make vibration stop working.

Comment

Working...
                    X