GNOME 3.30 Released With Performance Improvements, Flatpaks Ready To Roar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.30 Released With Performance Improvements, Flatpaks Ready To Roar

Phoronix: GNOME 3.30 Released With Performance Improvements, Flatpaks Ready To Roar

GNOME 3.30 has been officially released as the latest major feature release for the GNOME Shell desktop and associated components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there a PPA for Ubuntu 18.04?

Comment

***RRRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR***

/me while scratching his ass

Comment

Using gnome shell 3.30 from Debian testing/unstable. That was fast!

Comment

I think it's really cool you can these days also have Gnome Boxes provided through org.gnome.Boxes so as long as your machine has the core capabilities of running VM's, it just works

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            I think it's really cool you can these days also have Gnome Boxes provided through org.gnome.Boxes so as long as your machine has the core capabilities of running VM's, it just works
            GNOME Boxes doesn't "just work" in Bionic.
            System: Ubuntu 18.04 (08.04.2018 updated) App: gnome-boxes 3.27.92 reproduce: 1- install gnome-boxes 2-choose an os iso result: gnome-boxes gives error notification "failed to start "ubuntu"" There is terminal output: ~$ gnome-boxes (gnome-boxes:5992): Gtk-WARNING **: 19:17:08.205: GtkFlowBox with a model will ignore sort and filter functions (gnome-boxes:5992): Gtk-WARNING **: 19:17:08.207: GtkListBox with a model will ignore sort and filter functions (gnome-boxes:5992): Boxes-WARNING...

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

GNOME Boxes doesn't "just work" in Bionic.
              https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/1762205
              Sounds like a distro integration issue for Ubuntu to me. That sounds like a total release blocker for 18.04 to me. It would most likely have been for Fedora

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                org.gnome.Boxes
                What the hell is that?

Comment

AFAIK all the extensions still run in the same process as mutter itself, so there is more than enough room for "performance improvements".

Also just today XWayland crashed on me. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post
                    What the hell is that?
                    /bin/org.gnome.Boxes

That's how everyone loads up programs under Linux... for decades

The same as in

/bin/cx.goatse

Comment

Working...
                    X