Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Force MP510 240GB NVMe SSD Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Corsair Force MP510 240GB NVMe SSD Ubuntu Linux Benchmarks

Last week Corsair announced the Force Series MP510 M.2 PCIe NVMe solid-state drives as the company's fastest SSDs to date. While being Corsair's latest and fastest NVMe SSDs, the pricing is competitive with the 240GB model starting out at $70 USD, 480GB for $130 USD, $239 for 960GB, or $475 for a 1920GB version.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the heads up. I’m looking for an SSD for my laptop, these prices are really good.

Comment

I wonder what caused the improvement in drive temperatures between the MP500 and MP510. Did you use a heat sink on one of the drives, and not the other, maybe they improved that "heatsink" label. Or is it because Corsair used a more efficient controller and NAND flash on this newer drive?
      Last edited by OMTDesign; 24 October 2018, 05:08 PM. Reason: Remembered the labels on these drives also function as heat sinks/radiators.

Comment

Originally posted by OMTDesign View Post
        I wonder what caused the improvement in drive temperatures between the MP500 and MP510. Did you use a heat sink on one of the drives, and not the other? Or is it because Corsair used a more efficient controller and NAND flash on this newer drive?
        All the drives were tested without any extra heatsinks/coolers.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Corsair provides no Linux support for SSD firmware upgrades. I think this should be made clear on a site like Phoronix, as others like Samsung, Intel, and Crucial provide ISOs for OS-independent firmware upgrades.

For me, this means I won't support Corsair until they support my use of their product.

Comment

Working...
          X