No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 415.18.04 Vulkan Linux Beta Brings New Extensions, Unity Game Engine Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 415.18.04 Vulkan Linux Beta Brings New Extensions, Unity Game Engine Fix

Phoronix: NVIDIA 415.18.04 Vulkan Linux Beta Brings New Extensions, Unity Game Engine Fix

Adding to NVIDIA's busy Monday morning of announcing the TITAN RTX and open-sourcing PhysX, they also shipped their latest Vulkan beta driver support for Windows and Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it a good idea to upgrade from 396 now?

Comment

December 2nd, 2018 - Windows 417.23, Linux 415.18.04

New Extensions:

VK_KHR_shader_float16_int8 VK_KHR_shader_float_controls

Fixes:

Fixes regression with Unity games on Linux

Tested with cuphead and works, however vulkan appears as 1.1.92

Comment

Is it just me, or is .04 missing the VK_EXT_transform_feedback again? I mean... srsly, <del>get your shit together Nvidia</del> document your shit
        Last edited by arabek; 03 December 2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arabek View Post
          Is it just me, or is .04 missing the VK_EXT_transform_feedback again? I mean... srsly, get your shit together Nvidia
          Seems like it's just you.

Comment

Ahhh. OK. Seems to be dependant on __GL_NextGenCompiler variable set to 1

Comment

War Thunder has had neverending issues with its Vulkan API testing and NVIDIA drivers... people seem to think nvidia is to blame, nvidia doesn't know of its existence perhaps...

Comment

Working...
              X