Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatpak 1.2 Will Bring A Better Command-Line Experience

Phoronix: Flatpak 1.2 Will Bring A Better Command-Line Experience

With the upcoming Flatpak 1.2 release for app sandboxing, the command-line experience will be much better for those that prefer the CLI to the graphical utilities around Flatpaks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yes. Flatpack command line was updated to "end user" grade. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Yes. Flatpack command line was updated to "end user" grade. I like that.
      Yes! It's now a symlink to dnf. The rest of flatpak ended up with an empty stub spec file

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
        Yes! It's now a symlink to dnf. The rest of flatpak ended up with an empty stub spec file
        your tears are delicious.

Comment

I'm quite happy with Ubuntu, but I like to play around with Fedora from time to time to see what others are doing. It's an interesting ecosystem, but one thing that really turns me off is the amount of data used just to update your list of packages. It may not matter most of the time, but I've been in circumstances where I had to rely entirely on mobile data for internet access, and dnf using 100MB or so just to check for updates is crazy compared to apt fetching the same kind of list in 1MB. Anyone know why the difference is so large?

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post
            I'm quite happy with Ubuntu, but I like to play around with Fedora from time to time to see what others are doing. It's an interesting ecosystem, but one thing that really turns me off is the amount of data used just to update your list of packages. It may not matter most of the time, but I've been in circumstances where I had to rely entirely on mobile data for internet access, and dnf using 100MB or so just to check for updates is crazy compared to apt fetching the same kind of list in 1MB. Anyone know why the difference is so large?
            Presumably apt made use of differentials at some point. Apt never used to only download ~1 MB during an apt-get update. On my old apt based systems they download 10s of MBs when I apt-get update.

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post
              It's an interesting ecosystem, but one thing that really turns me off is the amount of data used just to update your list of packages.
              Soon to be fixed – https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Zchunk_Metadata

Comment

Working...
              X