AMD Platform QoS Support For Next-Gen EPYC Processors Landing In Linux 4.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Platform QoS Support For Next-Gen EPYC Processors Landing In Linux 4.21

Phoronix: AMD Platform QoS Support For Next-Gen EPYC Processors Landing In Linux 4.21

The AMD Platform QoS support talked about a few months ago on Phoronix is landing for the upcoming Linux 4.21 kernel. While not officially confirmed, this Quality of Service system resource work appears almost surely for the next-generation 7nm EPYC processors coming out in the months ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bought a 1700 on release and it's a great CPU. OC'ed since I got it. Im burning a hole in my pocket on zen2 and a big Jump in Ghz. I dont need 16 cores but I might just get them because. Reasons.

Comment

The last time I've built a system for number munching was in the opteron period dual socket I 326 with maxed memory. Still used it 5 years ago. Now it's time again to build my next dual socket.

The only thing I know is to be careful with the number of ops per memory fetch. Something current benchmarks are not good at hinting to.

Comment

Working...
      X