Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.15 Released With Wayland Improvements, Fixes To "Annoying Problems"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.15 Released With Wayland Improvements, Fixes To "Annoying Problems"

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.15 Released With Wayland Improvements, Fixes To "Annoying Problems"

The KDE community is out with their first big update to the Plasma desktop for 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

5.15 is looking to be a real nice release and hopefully it'll be in the Manjaro repos soon.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the KDE project and Michael for keeping me up-to-date on everything they do.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this update. Looks like Arch already has some of 5.15 in place.

Comment

A word of advice:

If you are running KDE Neon distro, it appears that there is some conflict with the new packages. I advice you to wait a couple hours to a day to see if they fix it.

Since is not a security update, you can wait a bit.

Comment

Maybe I should try this out again... KDE Neon is good stuff then?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I'm looking forward to this update. Looks like Arch already has some of 5.15 in place.
            Yes, it's already in Testing. Sadly one of the more annoying Wayland related bugs isn't resolved yet https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=387313

Comment

When I copy something into clipboard on Wayland, the content is not visible in Klipper and/or fails to be pasted after closing the former program.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
                Maybe I should try this out again... KDE Neon is good stuff then?
                It depends on what you need. It has the latest KDE (and a clean setup at that) and Qt, but it's based on Ubuntu LTS (i.e. lots of old packages). OpenSUSE Tumbleweed or Arch Linux have both the latest KDE and up to date packages for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by horstderheld View Post

Yes, it's already in Testing. Sadly one of the more annoying Wayland related bugs isn't resolved yet https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=387313
                  Rotation using amdgpu still broken here.

Comment

Originally posted by horstderheld View Post

Yep, exactly. That's the main blocker for me now to switch to Wayland session completely (all that flickering in Kmail is very irritating). Somehow KDE developers are having really hard time with this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X