Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAudio Lands In Wine For New XAudio2 Re-Implementation

Phoronix: FAudio Lands In Wine For New XAudio2 Re-Implementation

If the day wasn't exciting enough for Linux gamers thanks to the release of DXVK 1.0, long-time Linux game porter and FNA developer Ethan Lee has seen his FAudio implementation land in Wine for improving the state of XAudio2 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to hear. I've been using FAudio with my wine installation for the last couple of months and it solved the audio issues I used to have with Elder Scrolls Online. With Elder Scrolls Online after a couple hours of gameplay the audio would start to crackle and require restarting the game client to resolve it.

Comment

What about WMA support? I wonder if distributions can build packages that use system wide WMA decoding, or user still have to rebuild FAudio on their own?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
        What about WMA support? I wonder if distributions can build packages that use system wide WMA decoding, or user still have to rebuild FAudio on their own?
        Just cross build FAudio as a DLL lol. No need to depend on some stupid centralized distro repository or ffmpeg dependency hell.

(if you don't want to build there are people doing that on github, I can't vouch for them though; see for example https://github.com/Kron4ek/FAudio-Builds)

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          Thanks, this will be useful for some games.

Comment

Working...
          X