Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.0-RC7 Released With Freedreno, Gallium Nine Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 19.0-RC7 Released With Freedreno, Gallium Nine Fixes

Mesa 19.0-RC7 was released on Wednesday rather than the official release due to four blocker bugs remaining, but this seventh weekly release candidate does have a number of fixes to offer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is the Mesa release cycle "keep releasing RCs semi regularly until we've cleaned up all the bugs", or is there an ETA for the 19.0 final release?

I like to be bleeding edge and I want mesa 19 for the freesync stuff, but I try to avoid diving into RCs and git builds.

Comment

They do have a release schedule. It just happens that they missed the initially planned release date due to open bugs.

Comment

I found that but only see RC releases on there. Is that intended to be "RC4 should be final, but we're going to call it RC4 instead because no promises" (and now we're on RC7)

Comment

Originally posted by bisby View Post
          I found that but only see RC releases on there. Is that intended to be "RC4 should be final, but we're going to call it RC4 instead because no promises" (and now we're on RC7)
          AFAIK, other than 4 releases planned annually and these releases to happen in the middle of the week, nothing is really strict

Releases should happen on Wednesdays.

Since they missed this wednesday, next expectation for release is next wednesday so March 13.

How much RCs will be depends how much blocker bugs there are still, so that is it.

Thus RC4 likely means how ideally there should be at least 4 RC points, but more could happen too if needed
          Last edited by dungeon; 07 March 2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bisby View Post
            Is the Mesa release cycle "keep releasing RCs semi regularly until we've cleaned up all the bugs", or is there an ETA for the 19.0 final release?

I like to be bleeding edge and I want mesa 19 for the freesync stuff, but I try to avoid diving into RCs and git builds.
            RCs are released weekly until all the blocker bugs are closed.

They usually plan on 4 minimum, but typically I think it goes later than that so you can bet on 5 or 6.

rc7 is likely the last one for mesa 19.0 based on what i've seen, but it could go further if they still can't fix up the last few bugs fast enough.

Comment

Working...
            X