Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Workstation 30 Is Shaping Up To Be Another Exciting, Feature-Packed Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Workstation 30 Is Shaping Up To Be Another Exciting, Feature-Packed Update

Phoronix: Fedora Workstation 30 Is Shaping Up To Be Another Exciting, Feature-Packed Update

If you are looking for some motivation to try out this week's Fedora 30 beta build, it's shaping up to be another massive feature update as outlined by Red Hat's Christian Schaller...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have been testing Fedora 30. I discovered that if KDE is installed first, you can add Gnome and Deepin to the same single install.
    At login time, using the gear icon, one can choose to log into one of the three

Comment

Originally posted by lsatenstein View Post
      I have been testing Fedora 30. I discovered that if KDE is installed first, you can add Gnome and Deepin to the same single install.
      you have just won the smartest award for the year.

whats so " Exciting " about Workstation ? its the same ole same ole crap each release. are you smoking something Michael

Comment

heh, H264 support to finally enable youtube playback

The interesting parts are on the blog:

"Valve has been kind enough to give us the ability to install and run any steam game for testing purposes, so whenever we found a game giving us trouble we have been able to let Olivier and Jonas reproduce it easily."

"Talking about gaming one area we will try to free up some cycles going forward to look deeper at is Flatpaks and gaming. We already done quite a bit of work in this area, with things like the NVidia binary driver extension and the Steam package on Flathub. But we know from leading linux game devs that there are still some challenges to be resolved, like making host device access for gamepads simpler from within the Flatpak sandbox."

"we start enabling the JACK side of PipeWire first, maybe as early as Fedora Workstation 31, and then come back and do the PulseAudio replacement as a last stage."

Comment

I discovered that if KDE is installed first, you can add Gnome and Deepin to the same single install.
          Isn't this how all Linux GUIs work?

Comment

Fedora is a project by Micro$oft and Nintendo to destroy the linux desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
              Ubuntu is a project by Micro$oft and Nintendo to destroy the linux desktop.
              Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                Fedora is a project by Micro$oft and Nintendo to destroy the linux desktop.
                Think you confused Fedora with glib and gnome

Comment

Only noobs use the graphical session launcher to choose a GUI.

Real Linux people launch their choice of GUI from an empty tty session.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Only noobs use the graphical session launcher to choose a GUI.

Real Linux people launch their choice of GUI from an empty tty session.
                    Real (wo)men don't use GUI.

Comment

Working...
                    X