Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 4.8 Pops Open With Unicode 12.0, Better Joystick Support

Phoronix: Wine 4.8 Pops Open With Unicode 12.0, Better Joystick Support

Wine 4.8 is now available as the latest bi-weekly snapshot for running Windows programs/games on Linux and other platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have a question. Is it called Wine, or WINE?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Wine. That's the way they spell it at WineHQ.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Michael should change the category name then.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          No need to scream its name Same with Gnome vs GNOME. I like Gnome spelling way more. Acronyms become cumbersome when long. I.e. KDE looks OK still. GNOME - not really.

Comment

why ia that even important

Comment

Originally posted by deant View Post
              I used to not think it mattered that much...then I went into a systemd thread. Sheesh. Capitalize the first S at the beginning of a sentence and someone'll "correct" it. e.g:

User 1: Systemd does things I don't think an init system should do.
              User 2: It's systemd, not Systemd, you retard.
              User 1: It is when it's at the beginning of a sentence you ESL dumbass.
              User 3: It's actually SystemD.
              Users 4-15: Go home troll.
              skeevy420: something, something, fucktards, something, something, darkside

Comment

Originally posted by deant View Post
                I'm going out on a limb here, but something tells me they're short of a bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  It doesn't look like they care enough to have it consistently either one. Just check out the top-left of their pages:

That said, they do at least seem to keep it mostly "Wine" within the text of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by lectrode View Post
                    It doesn't look like they care enough to have it consistently either one. Just check out the top-left of their pages:
                    I am sorry to say you are kind of right. WineHQ does not have a defined casing and fixing it would result in having to remake the WineHQ logo stuff that used at the yearly wine conferences. If you mouse over the WINEHQ image you will see its alt text is in fact WineHQ. Wine the word by the Wine project mailing list decide to stop using the WINE version if you see WINE anyone on the wine site other than in the WineHQ image its a bug. The WineHQ image is legacy hang over..

Changing the way you write you project name at times causes hell particularly if you have some fairly costly items with that name cut into that you use every year.

Comment

Working...
                    X