Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADV Vulkan Driver Picks Up Several GFX10/Navi Fixes, Including To Address Random Hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Picks Up Several GFX10/Navi Fixes, Including To Address Random Hangs

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Picks Up Several GFX10/Navi Fixes, Including To Address Random Hangs

If you are a user of AMD Radeon RX 5700 "Navi" graphics and don't mind riding Mesa Git, the latest 19.3-devel code as of yesterday has several more GFX10 fixes/improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Random hangs are definitely an issue with Vulkan/DXVK on my 5700XT. Looking forward to this.

Comment

Lanz What games are affected? Can you eventually report your problem here https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lanz View Post
        Random hangs are definitely an issue with Vulkan/DXVK on my 5700XT. Looking forward to this.
        RX 580 as well. Started happening the day after the updated/reverted pkg-config stuff. Display cuts out, GPU ramps to full, hard lock, forced power-off required.

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
          Lanz What games are affected? Can you eventually report your problem here https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/issues ?
          Hitman 2 & RX 580. RADV & AMDVLK. Started a day after the reverted meson/pkg-config commit to help y'all narrow it down. That's all I got due to the hangs and forced power off.

I'm leaving for work but I'll be able to test these commits tonight.

EDIT: And people complain when Michael has articles on git commits... More than one have helped me out and here's to hoping this one does too.

Comment

Would be nice if you can report your problems, if you do so I will have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Hitman 2 & RX 580. RADV & AMDVLK. Started a day after the reverted meson/pkg-config commit to help y'all narrow it down. That's all I got due to the hangs and forced power off.

I'm leaving for work but I'll be able to test these commits tonight.

EDIT: And people complain when Michael has articles on git commits... More than one have helped me out and here's to hoping this one does too.
              These commits only affect GFX10 (Navi), and I doubt they will fix anything because NGG GS is currently disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
                Would be nice if you can report your problems, if you do so I will have a look.
                Gonna have to give me 6 to 8 hours on that. Don't have the time to go through a new account process and do a proper report.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Gonna have to give me 6 to 8 hours on that. Don't have the time to go through a new account process and do a proper report.
                  With GitLab, you no longer need to create a new account, you can connect with Google, etc. A report, even not complete, is always appreciated.

Comment

hakzsam I had freezes in Heroes of the Storm a few weeks back. It was very easy to reproduce, simply trying to start the actual gameplay was enough to trigger it. This was on a 5700 XT in 2160p resolution.
                    Unfortunately, I don't have regular access to that machine with Linux, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to provide something more useful.

Comment

Working...
                    X