No announcement yet.

AMD Sends In Another Batch Of Feature Changes For Linux 5.5 AMDGPU Driver Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Sends In Another Batch Of Feature Changes For Linux 5.5 AMDGPU Driver Code

Phoronix: AMD Sends In Another Batch Of Feature Changes For Linux 5.5 AMDGPU Driver Code

Complementing the big AMDGPU feature pull request from two weeks ago, on Friday AMD sen out a second batch of features targeting the upcoming Linux 5.5 kernel merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    AMD sen out a second batch of features

Comment

For those of y'all running TKG kernels and don't feel like waiting two kernel releases and like to live on the wild side, I pulled amd-staging-drm-next into 5.3.7 and it works on my system with my RX 580 (with a 26mb kernel patch to boot) . AFAICT, it has everything that's mentioned in the article.

Hopefully it fixes that dude's problem because I'm too damn lazy to individually cherry-pick Navi commits

Next Day Update: It did work for that person and I've had almost 24 hours of uptime with it. If you have a Navi and it doesn't work all that great, it might be worth giving either an AMD staging kernel or my patch a shot.
      Last edited by skeevy420; 27 October 2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X