Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIMP 2.10.14 Released With Better HEIF Support, More Filters Ported To Using GEGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.10.14 Released With Better HEIF Support, More Filters Ported To Using GEGL

Phoronix: GIMP 2.10.14 Released With Better HEIF Support, More Filters Ported To Using GEGL

While we long to finally see GIMP 3.0, GIMP 2.10.14 is out as the newest stable update for this leading open-source image manipulation program...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really want GNOME 3.0 with GTK 3 support. Really wish Linux Foundation, Disney, Pixar or some would hire some full-time GIMP developers. it is a great piece of software, but seem to lack contributors.

Another unfortunate thing is the lack of CMYK support.

Comment

How many filters remain unported to GEGL?

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I really want GNOME 3.0 with GTK 3 support. Really wish Linux Foundation, Disney, Pixar or some would hire some full-time GIMP developers. it is a great piece of software, but seem to lack contributors.

The GTK+ 3 branch mostly works (in my limited experience with it, nothing crashed), and included CMYK support if memory serves.

Comment

What? Gimp still doesn't run on Gtk 3? I swear to god that guy was asking for donations like 10 years ago to move gimp to gtk3.

It's none of my business but if you care so much maybe contribute some if you're a gtk3 dev?

Comment

Why? It's cheaper for them to use better software from Affinity which of course has done more in 5 years then GIMP has done in it's entire history.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

What? Gimp still doesn't run on Gtk 3? I swear to god that guy was asking for donations like 10 years ago to move gimp to gtk3.

It's none of my business but if you care so much maybe contribute some if you're a gtk3 dev?
                They're working on it currently.

Comment

My understanding is that the point of Gimp 3 is almost exclusively about porting to GTK3.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix
                    GIMP XFC files

Comment

Working...
                    X