KDE Frameworks 6 Ideas To Be Floated At A Developer Sprint This Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 6 Ideas To Be Floated At A Developer Sprint This Month

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 6 Ideas To Be Floated At A Developer Sprint This Month

With Qt 6.0 planned for release in late 2020, KDE developers are thinking about the eventual KDE Frameworks 6.0 for when they plan to transition to the evolutionary Qt 6 tool-kit. The first of likely several developer sprints around KDE Frameworks 6 will be happening already in late November...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I still hope for a working and automatic fuse kio bridge. That's the only reason I don't use plasma

Comment

Even though it wasn't picked as a major direction for KDE, I would like them to focus a bit on input methods. This would help quite a bit with mobile and unicode input (CJK/emoji/math symbols).

I recently fell in love with kitty (wayland-native terminal emulator)'s implementation (ctrl-shift-u, then pick/search), but a system-wide method would be needed (on wayland, please).

Comment

Kwin built on Vulkan please.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          Optional GTK3 support!
          Already has it:

Comment

Working...
          X