Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Strikes HyperSpace Deal With ASUS

Phoronix: Phoenix Strikes HyperSpace Deal With ASUS

ASUS was the first company to ship SplashTop, an embedded instant-on Linux environment, on any of its products. They began by offering SplashTop on select ASUS motherboards, then it turned into ASUS notebooks, and then to many more ASUS products...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nothing yet on the splashtop blog.

Comment

I read
      Phoronix Strikes HyperSpace Deal With ASUS
      and wondered the whole time what phoronix had to do with all of this

Comment

I hope that hyperspace doesn't hyperleave linux users out in the rain, as they did when originally previewed by phoronix.

Comment

Phoenix Technologes still has yet to respond to any of my technical questions...
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hahah I thought it said Phoronix too.

Phoenix is the company that always shows up on my bios boot screen

Comment

does anyone really use that while they wait for another OS to boot ? i have an asus board here and dont even bother with that. i think it gets in the way and slows down the boot, since it has to search for it, see if its installed, then ask me if i want to load it, 10 sec count down to wait for a repsonse. (and the aspect ratio isnt right either, so it probably would be ugly to use) personally i am still waiting for openfirmware and a really fast boot :P

Comment

openfirmware? Pfft, let's just put linux straight in the bios chip

Comment

It is vey expensive

?Why would I pay 30 USD or even more per year for having that?
                  I will not buy any of this BIOS, and if i do I will not pay, then I'll have it only for the free period.
                  I think is stupid to pay anually that for that feature.
                  As a computer use to be on the "state of the art" about 3 years, then put a 100 USD price for it in one time pay. If it is a reasonable price for a special BIOS, market will say. I think not, it is more than a complete MB cost.

And a internal USB memory stick with any Linux distro will work even better.

The idea is good the prices they want for it are excessive.

Comment

Working...
                  X