Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Adding DRM-Based Scaling Filter Support For Wayland's Weston For Less Blurry Outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Adding DRM-Based Scaling Filter Support For Wayland's Weston For Less Blurry Outputs

Phoronix: Intel Adding DRM-Based Scaling Filter Support For Wayland's Weston For Less Blurry Outputs

Intel contributions to Wayland/Weston aren't as frequent as years ago, but they continue volleying interesting work to keep pace with their graphics driver and Direct Rendering Manager subsystem advancements. Their latest work is on adding scaling filter support to libweston in order to supporting filters like nearest-neighbor for yielding less blurry outputs when upscaling...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    can allow for nearest-neighor scaling to be used

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      Yeah, that's missing a b and a u

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Yeah, that's missing a b and a u
        The U is not missing. It's American English

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

The U is not missing. It's American English
          I know, but I dislike that silly American spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

I know, but I dislike that silly American spelling.
            I'm Canadian, but I can understand the American decision to revise the spelling. It's pronounced "Nay-bər", so why should it be spelled using a spelling that is more fitting to "Nay-bore" (pour) or "Nay-bower" (our) which was inherited from a language (French or, more correctly, Old Norman) that pronounces it more like it's spelled? (Colour is an even better example. English got all jumbled up by the Norman Conquest of 1066.)

In Canada, on the other hand, since we have both English and French as official languages, keeping the French-originated spellings makes sense because because you can reduce the number of words in signage. For example, this:

Lotto
            Centre
            de Lotto
            Last edited by ssokolow; 24 December 2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X