Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Botched Releases To Exciting New Features, Fedora Saw A Lot Of Changes During The 2010s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Botched Releases To Exciting New Features, Fedora Saw A Lot Of Changes During The 2010s

Phoronix: From Botched Releases To Exciting New Features, Fedora Saw A Lot Of Changes During The 2010s

Fedora continued serving at the forefront of many Linux distribution innovations over the past decade and the largely Red Hat driven platform continued contributing their work back upstream from countless GNOME features to hardware improvements/fixes, UEFI "flicker-free boot" crossing the finish line, good hardware firmware updating support, and much more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do really enjoy Fedora more and more as we both get older and more mature.
    A lot of things make a lot of sense to me, and while my workstation is often at the edge of Linux development, it's been very pleasant sailing for me since I picked it up at Fedora 25's release.

All distributions have improved tremendously over the last decade. They all have their niche that suits some people more than others, but they're all excellent in their own way for desktops and VMs, and some additionally for servers and IoT as well.

The 2010s sure have been great for Linux users, developers, and sysadmins!

Comment

Working...
    X