Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Offers Clutter Toolkit Pre-1.0 Snapshot

Phoronix: Intel Offers Clutter Toolkit Pre-1.0 Snapshot

Emmanuele Bassi of Intel's Open-Source Technology Center has just announced a new development release of the Clutter Toolkit that will lead up to the Clutter 1.0 stable release. For those unfamiliar with Clutter, it is an open-source toolkit designed to develop user interfaces using an OpenGL / OpenGL ES back-end, but without the complexities of programing in OpenGL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Forget Clutter and GNOME, use Qt

I wonder how long until Intel will do the same thing Nokia is doing to Maemo, namely start to migrate toward the newly LGPL-ed Qt. Qt is much easier to develop, but unfortunately Intel has to figure out what to do with the OpenHand developers they recently hired. If I were those developers, I'd get cranking with Qt (perhaps even contribute to KDE to prove my worthiness to the Intel bosses) in expectation of the change in Moblin GUI framework.

Comment

Working...
    X