Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Blackhole Render Support Lands In Mesa 20.1

Phoronix: Intel Blackhole Render Support Lands In Mesa 20.1

Intel Blackhole Render support was finally merged today for the new Intel "Iris" Gallium3D OpenGL driver default, the older i965 driver for pre-Broadwell hardware, and also the Mesa state tracker for Gallium3D drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh wow for a second I thought it was the name of another vulnerability... o-o

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Oh wow for a second I thought it was the name of another vulnerability... o-o
      It will be. We've never physically seen a blackhole to know how to properly render one. For the most part, everything involving blackholes is just theoretical.

So, logically, if blackholes are theoretical and prediction is another word for theory, based on Intel's past results when branching out into predictions, rendering blackholes be the cause of many bugs to come.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

It will be. We've never physically seen a blackhole to know how to properly render one. For the most part, everything involving blackholes is just theoretical.

So, logically, if blackholes are theoretical and prediction is another word for theory, based on Intel's past results when branching out into predictions, rendering blackholes be the cause of many bugs to come.
        Dear BSD/CDDL lover...

You are becoming funnier, you are evolving

Comment

Black holes are not theoretical. We've even observed one visually. Yes, they're black, which means that they (nearly) don't emit any light (except Hawking radiation).

Comment

It will be. We've never physically seen a blackhole to know how to properly render one. For the most part, everything involving blackholes is just theoretical
            We have a lot of empirical independently observed evidence for blackholes

Black Holes Black holes are among the most mysterious cosmic objects, much studied but not fully understood. These objects aren’t really holes. They’re huge concentrations of matter packed into very tiny spaces. A black hole is so dense that gravity just beneath its surface, the event horizon, is strong enough that nothing – not even […]

Comment

Y'all don't know what theory means

A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
              That literally describes black holes

I almost don't want to post this just to see how many others come back with replies that suggest theories are guesses with no (visual) evidence

Comment

Y'all don't know what theory means

That literally describes black holes

I almost don't want to post this just to see how many others come back with replies that suggest theories are guesses with no (visual) evidence
                Theory has multiple definitions depending on context.

In light of your note "We've never physically seen a blackhole to know how to properly render one", it could easily be interpreted as the more laymen definition of the term. To be clear, the whole idea of physically seeing a blackhole is meaningless

Comment

I think the reason for merging this now is this mail in which Marek was asking about automating possibilities for PGO:

Comment

Originally posted by Girolamo_Cavazzoni View Post
                    ... We've even observed [a black hole] visually. ...
                    We did? I have no memory of this. I feel like I'd be able to recall an experience like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X