Mir 1.7.1 Released With X11 Support Promoted Out Of "Experimental" Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir 1.7.1 Released With X11 Support Promoted Out Of "Experimental" Phase

Phoronix: Mir 1.7.1 Released With X11 Support Promoted Out Of "Experimental" Phase

Mir 1.7.1 was released on Monday and while a point release it's quite a big one...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That brings it to a grand total of four Wayland compositors:
    • Mutter, used by Gnome. And happens to be the most feature-complete implementation used in a GUI.
    • Mir, (potentially) the next most complete implementation next to Mutter, intended to be used by Unity and Mate
    • wlroots, used by Sway
    • KWin, used by Plasma
    I seriously think this is more than enough. It's very telling that OBS works on neither of them for screen streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      • Mutter, used by Gnome. And happens to be the most feature-complete implementation used in a GUI.
      • Mir, (potentially) the next most complete implementation next to Mutter, intended to be used by Unity and Mate
      • wlroots, used by Sway
      • KWin, used by Plasma
      I seriously think this is more than enough. It's very telling that OBS works on neither of them for screen streaming.
      You could consider Weston?

OBS works on GNOME Wayland when installed via a Flatpak, which was recently improved https://feaneron.com/2020/02/24/even...me-on-wayland/

Comment

Waiting for at least one gentle commenter to display the depth of their knowledge....

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          • wlroots, used by Sway
          • KWin, used by Plasma
          So Enlightenment doesn't use its own compositor? Or did you forget to add that one?

Comment

Working...
          X