KDE Seeing System Tray Improvements, Much Faster Shadowed Rectangles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Seeing System Tray Improvements, Much Faster Shadowed Rectangles

Phoronix: KDE Seeing System Tray Improvements, Much Faster Shadowed Rectangles

The Coronavirus doesn't appear to be impacting KDE development speed at all as it's been another week seeing a ton of feature activity for this open-source desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope that in Discover it would be possible to turn off system repositories and use it only for flatpak and firmware management...

Comment

Shadowed rectangles seem like a great improvement, wonder how noticable it will be

Thanks for the fix in Elisa as baloo still seems to be pretty unstable!

Is there any news on the subsurface issue front for Wayland? I really hope it will be addressed in Plasma 5.19, this is one of the worst bugs for me.

Comment

Does plasma wayland fully support system tray now? Last time I tried the wayland session most applications don't show up at system tray (e.g. megasync).

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosApostolou View Post
          Does plasma wayland fully support system tray now? Last time I tried the wayland session most applications don't show up at system tray (e.g. megasync).
          Do you mean the icons in the system panel do not appear and there is just a generic Wayland icon? If yes, then this is usally a bug in the application itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosApostolou View Post
            Could they be applications that use Xembeds for tray icons?

If they do, they'll never work under Wayland. The DBUS (k)appindicator spec should work though.

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
              I hope that in Discover it would be possible to turn off system repositories and use it only for flatpak and firmware management...
              You've always been able to do that under settings, at least on Arch.

Comment

Baloo has always been useless on my system.

Comment

Any of you knows how to specify different display density for different monitors?

I have a 4k laptop monitor and and hd external one and when I plug the external monitor I have to put x1 and reboot, then when I unplug the external monitor I have to change it to x2 and reboot.

Any way to save it per monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by betam4x View Post

You've always been able to do that under settings, at least on Arch.
                    when i tried last time it asked a password to remove system repos...

Comment

Working...
                    X