Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel IWD 1.6 Wireless Daemon Released With MAC Randomization, Per-Network MAC Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel IWD 1.6 Wireless Daemon Released With MAC Randomization, Per-Network MAC Addresses

Phoronix: Intel IWD 1.6 Wireless Daemon Released With MAC Randomization, Per-Network MAC Addresses

Intel open-source developers have released IWD v1.6 as their open-source, embedded-friendly wireless daemon for Linux systems as an alternative to WPA_Supplicant...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's very good, but I'm wondering if the developers thought of some kind of protection when using IPv6 ?
    I would like to see some kind of option to complete disable making and IPV6 address from the MAC address.
    And if I enable this feature then the IPv6 address should be made from the randomized MAC address.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      That's very good, but I'm wondering if the developers thought of some kind of protection when using IPv6 ?
      I would like to see some kind of option to complete disable making and IPV6 address from the MAC address.
      And if I enable this feature then the IPv6 address should be made from the randomized MAC address.
      By default IWD doesn't handle ip addresses, it is usually done by NetworkManager/connman/networkd/dhcpcd.

Comment

Working...
      X