Seven Changes We've Been Waiting On That You Will Not Find In Linux 5.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Changes We've Been Waiting On That You Will Not Find In Linux 5.7

Phoronix: Seven Changes We've Been Waiting On That You Will Not Find In Linux 5.7

There are many new and exciting features of Linux 5.7 but also some material that didn't make the cut this window that we are now hoping will see mainline status for Linux 5.8 or another kernel this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Actually I am not waiting for anything! So please don't count me in, in the things you've been waiting on.

Comment

I still have hope for kernel-level dbus.

Comment

You suggesting Michael write in 3rd person as opposed to 2nd person? “Seven changes one has been waiting on...”

Do you always feel misrepresented by news articles with 2nd person prose in them?

Comment

I would love to get more info about the state of Bcachefs. The patreon page had no update in a while and I can not find any public discussion. There are commits on the git but it does not really gives much info about what is going on...

Comment

The ZSTD-patches from Facebook weren't merged either...

Comment

As I wrote, KDBus would have been another failure as its predecessor.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                The ZSTD-patches from Facebook weren't merged either...
                I don't actually like that.

Comment

There are also other items like in-kernel IPC akin to BUS1 or KDBUS that appears to have been abandoned, among other wish list items for the kernel.
                  Actually, bus1 is still active and recently developed bus1-api. dbus-broker is part of the approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
                    Actually I am not waiting for anything! So please don't count me in, in the things you've been waiting on.
                    Who is counting you in, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X