No announcement yet.

Krita 4.3 Released For This Leading Open-Source Digital Painting Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 4.3 Released For This Leading Open-Source Digital Painting Application

Phoronix: Krita 4.3 Released For This Leading Open-Source Digital Painting Application

Krita 4.3 is out today as the latest major feature release for this popular digital painting program. More than one thousand issues were fixed in this release plus introducing plenty of new functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There are some excellent examples of what can be accomplished using Krita:

Comment

Too bad Gnome doesn't have any decent programs, and Gnome users end up having to install all those KDE libraries regardless. Not just this but Kdenlive, Okular, so many programs that a person can't live without. I can't think of a single Gnome program I would need on a KDE desktop.

Comment

does it still take 1 hour to start the program?

Comment

Fsck this forum and its unapproved posts

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
          Too bad Gnome doesn't have any decent programs,
          No desktop holy wars, please!

Originally posted by loganj
          does it still take 1 hour to start the program?
          It may be time to get rid of that beloved Maxtor PATA/100 drive.

Comment

DanL yeah, the problem is that the i have a sata ssd so....last time i was testing the software i even forgot i open it.

Comment

FYI, my system still has an old fashioned HDD, and Krita takes about 2-3 seconds to start, so nothing wrong with that. Not much slower than MyPaint (~1-2 sec). Firefox/Thunderbird takes about twice that time to launch. GIMP takes 2-3 sec as well. (Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6x2 core AMD, 8GB RAM, NV GTX 1060 6GB). Might be your system.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                Too bad Gnome doesn't have any decent programs, and Gnome users end up having to install all those KDE libraries regardless. Not just this but Kdenlive, Okular, so many programs that a person can't live without. I can't think of a single Gnome program I would need on a KDE desktop.
                I wonder if anyone in the Windows world ever thought "hmm this program ships with so many libraries, I won't use it coz they're not my favourite ones"...

Comment

Working...
                X