Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM 11 Feature Development Is Over With Many Changes

Phoronix: LLVM 11 Feature Development Is Over With Many Changes

LLVM 11 feature development has ended with the code having been branched in Git this morning and the first release candidate expected shortly...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hey Michael,

Just a heads up that AMD posted code for a new chip. After the "Sienna Chiclid" now it's "Navy Flounder". Looks like another Navi2x chip.
    This are CIA codenames from AMD.

I just hope AMD delivers graphics chips not a new fish.

Comment

I haven't followed LLVM 11 development, does anyone know why -fstack-clash-protection for aarch64/arm64 didn't land yet? Is it looking like it will be added for LLVM 12?

Comment

I don't think c++17 is default on LLVM 11. c++14 is still the default. Please provide exact source confirming that c++17 is the default or correct the misinfomation.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
          Is it looking like it will be added for LLVM 12?
          Support is currently targeted for LLVM 12.

Comment

Originally posted by triglav View Post
            I don't think c++17 is default on LLVM 11. c++14 is still the default. Please provide exact source confirming that c++17 is the default or correct the misinfomation.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Whoops, misread that as ++, will correct that aspect.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by triglav View Post
                Wonder if they even finished C++17? The missing pieces were in libc++ so might be different change logs. The official overview says no, but could easily be outdated https://libcxx.llvm.org/cxx1z_status.html

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
                  Wonder if they even finished C++17? The missing pieces were in libc++ so might be different change logs.
                  i don't think they depend on standard library support to do the switch

Comment

There's a small typo that surprised me until I clicked the link: one bullet reads "- Clang -o behavior better matches GCC." That "-o" (lowercase o) is the mistake as it should be "-O" (capital o). "-O" is the flag for controlling optimizations and is the flag with the behavior change; "-o" is the flag for setting the name of the output file.

Comment

Working...
                    X