GhostBSD 20.08.04 Shipping With Updated Packages - Including MATE 1.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GhostBSD 20.08.04 Shipping With Updated Packages - Including MATE 1.24

Phoronix: GhostBSD 20.08.04 Shipping With Updated Packages - Including MATE 1.24

For those wanting to experiment with an actively-maintained BSD-powered, desktop-focused operating system, GhostBSD remains a great choice powered off FreeBSD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Definitely BSD variant out there and better than most Linux distros as well. If I had the money and wanted to build a company ala Apple around an open source OS, this is the OS I would look at. PC-BSD was my favorite, but since it's no longer around, Ghost is a nice replacement.

Comment

I've been using the XFCE version as a workstation for a couple months now. I really like it it's very solid.

Comment

GhostBSD's Eric and the rest of the gang deserve a big high-five for the work they do! Good job guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
          Definitely BSD variant out there and better than most Linux distros as well. If I had the money and wanted to build a company ala Apple around an open source OS, this is the OS I would look at. PC-BSD was my favorite, but since it's no longer around, Ghost is a nice replacement.
          Don't forget to implement Linux emulator and graphic stack. Oh, there are dozens of drivers missing as well. No, most of the Linux distributions are better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Don't forget to implement Linux emulator and graphic stack. Oh, there are dozens of drivers missing as well. No, most of the Linux distributions are better than this.
            Funny thing: Windows user would say exactly same thing about Linux. You know: "Don't forget to implement DirectX, WinAPI and missing software/drivers".

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
              Funny thing: Windows user would say exactly same thing about Linux. You know: "Don't forget to implement DirectX, WinAPI and missing software/drivers".
              Ignore Volta, regular troll with if-its-not-linux-it-sucks-attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Ignore Volta, regular troll with if-its-not-linux-it-sucks-attitude.
                Yeah, probably will do that.

Comment

Working...
                X