Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Continues Readying Linux/Open-Source For AMX, Begins Discussing Programming Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Continues Readying Linux/Open-Source For AMX, Begins Discussing Programming Model

Phoronix: Intel Continues Readying Linux/Open-Source For AMX, Begins Discussing Programming Model

Back in June after Intel first published the Advanced Matrix Extensions (AMX) specification, the open-source/Linux patches were quick to come by their large software team. That work has continued over the summer in ensuring the Linux ecosystem and developers are ready for Intel AMX programming come next year with Sapphire Rapids...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not sure anyone is still doing AI workloads on the cpu. Most moved to the gpu a while back, and moving towards tpu (or asics) these days. I'd be very interested to know if anyone is interested in this AMX in practice.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere here in the forum that in some cases, it worth doing the computation on CPU because the time to transfer everything to GPU and back took too much time compared to the computation time, something related to OpenMP and stuff, AFAIR it was something related to APUs or AMD CPUs

Comment

Working...
      X