Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasmer 1.0 Is Approaching For Running WebAssembly Anywhere

Phoronix: Wasmer 1.0 Is Approaching For Running WebAssembly Anywhere

The Wasmer 1.0 alpha release is now available for running WebAssembly programs anywhere. Wasmer is about providing a universal runtime for WebAssembly (WASM) that can run across platforms / operating systems and also embed into other programming languages. Wasmer leverages WebAssembly principles to provide safety around untrusted code on top of its other design features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm looking forward to Python3/PyPy code in a browser for web development, although Brython is nice for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibiki Kanzaki View Post
      I'm looking forward to Python3/PyPy code in a browser for web development, although Brython is nice for now.
      I would like a compiled bin that I can deploy to a customer's possibly network isolated server, python doesn't work there because of distributing hell because you cant compile to a single bin file like go/nim/rust/crystal/node.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post
        I would like a compiled bin that I can deploy to a customer's possibly network isolated server
        I think PyOxidizer (https://github.com/indygreg/PyOxidizer) is trying to help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibiki Kanzaki View Post

I think PyOxidizer (https://github.com/indygreg/PyOxidizer) is trying to help with that.
          So is this the process ? :

kvm install centos 6 vm,
          install python 3.7
          [
          The latest Python 3.7 at last upped its version requirement for OpenSSL, though it sadly means that out of the box it cannot use the version of OpenSSL available with (the now rather old) CentOS 6. Sure, you can set up Python 3.7 without the ssl module, but you won’t be able to install anything with pip since HTTPS is required for downloading modules.

Here’s what I did. This is from a minimal install of CentOS 6.10, though it should work with older versions of CentOS 6. For my setup, I installed OpenSSL 1.1.0h under /usr/local/openssl11 and Python 3.7.0 under /usr/local/python37. The trick is to use the rpath option for the linker (in GCC, that means -Wl,rpath=...) to point to the custom location of OpenSSL, otherwise you’d have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH each time. Also, there are a bunch of *-devel packages that are needed for Python’s optional modules.
          ]
          install rust
          pip install python modules/lib?
          bring my python code,
          install pyoxidier,
          then compile bin, then rejoice ?

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post
            So is this the process ? :
            install rust
            [...]
            install pyoxidier,
            then compile bin, then rejoice ?
            Yeah it requires some effort which ideally wouldn't be necessary, but it's not too complicated... I think requiring Rust is kind of dubious, but at least it doesn't require Autoconf. ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X