Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Wants You To Vote For The Debian 11 "Bullseye" Artwork

Phoronix: Debian Wants You To Vote For The Debian 11 "Bullseye" Artwork

Debian is looking for the community to partake in the quick voting process around selecting the default artwork for the upcoming Debian 11 "Bullseye" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks. I voted for "Droplets" or "Change". Some good artwork, but some seemed too fancy or too "Ubuntu-like" rather than "Debian-like". Like "Mane", that would be awesome for Ubuntu, reminds me of 8.10 release artwork.

Comment

I tried, but backed out. I forgot that I don't have that gene. I kept gravitating towards symmetrical, rather than 'good looking'. If the fibonnaci spiral was graphed, I probably would have picked that.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
        Thanks. I voted for "Droplets" or "Change". Some good artwork, but some seemed too fancy or too "Ubuntu-like" rather than "Debian-like". Like "Mane", that would be awesome for Ubuntu, reminds me of 8.10 release artwork.
        I would add to your chosen ones Homeworld also a good and pleasing design. Remember SpaceFun it still makes me shudder in horror.

Comment

Lots of strong entries, the wiki had some variations of the themes. gradientMotion would be my pick.

Comment

gradientMotion and Homeworld are my favourites. A few others are OK, like 3D Dark... the horse ones I can do without.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
              Some good artwork, but some seemed too fancy or too "Ubuntu-like" rather than "Debian-like". Like "Mane", that would be awesome for Ubuntu, reminds me of 8.10 release artwork.
              Too good for Debian. That is why Mane is my favourite.
              I think it is good, if Debian steals from Ubuntu for a change.

Comment

They all look ugly to me.

Can we have good, subdued gradients and lines without the obnoxious branding and character references for a change?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                  They all look ugly to me.
                  You could have submitted yours.

Comment

The gradientMotion theme by Alex Makas looks the most complete - it gives you an excellent idea, on how every element (GRUB, plymouth/boot screens, wallpapers, banners) will look like. My second choice is Mane by Staffan Melin. I like the concept of using the flowing mane of a horse while it is in motion, as a main element of both themes.

Comment

Working...
                    X