Hangover Alpha 2 Lets Windows x86/x64 Programs Run On ARM64, POWER 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover Alpha 2 Lets Windows x86/x64 Programs Run On ARM64, POWER 64-bit

Phoronix: Hangover Alpha 2 Lets Windows x86/x64 Programs Run On ARM64, POWER 64-bit

The Wine program for running Windows games/applications on Linux and other platforms can run on a number of different architectures, but Wine doesn't handle the emulation of running Windows x86/x64 binaries on other architectures like 64-bit ARM or PowerPC. But that's what the Wine-based Hangover is about with currently allowing those conventional Windows binaries to run on AArch64 (ARM64) and 64-bit POWER too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Talos II gaming when? :P

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Nothing like work with a hangover. Curious about the etymology of the name. So many potential humourous anecdotes for the code, and news articles should ensue.
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
          Nothing like work with a hangover. Curious about the etymology of the name. So many potential humourous anecdotes for the code, and news articles should ensue.
          I don't know anything about the name's source, but I assume it is trying to be funny. Because after too much WINE you have a Hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
            Curious about the etymology of the name.
            I'm guessing it is the result of spending too much time with WINE.

Comment

You all must be soft. I don't get hangover's 😃
              Hi

Comment

Working...
              X