Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 34 Plans To Provide Xfce 4.16 Desktop Packages

Phoronix: Fedora 34 Plans To Provide Xfce 4.16 Desktop Packages

While it shouldn't come as much of a surprise given Fedora's tendency to always ship with the freshest open-source packages, but Fedora 34 should be including the latest Xfce 4.16 desktop packages for those seeking that GTK based desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for providing this information.

But I do have two notes that I like to address and hope the package maintainer would catch them up (I know he is reading and commenting quite often here). Sadly I haven't had time to fill in all the individual bugs to Bugzilla.

1) I wish that xfce4-dev-tools 4.16.0 would have been included as package. The spec still points to 4.14 with outdated changes.
    2) This leads us to point 2. Most packages have the Readme.md files removed. The developers switched from Readme to Readme.md and revamped most of the documentations. This also included more or less important informations. These documents have now been stripped out of the Fedora packages. Probably because the old xfce4-dev-tools that is still being used to build the packages (depending whether the configure files existed or not).

I would wish that these two issues are being worked on. 1) Provide a new xfce4-dev-tools and 2) Put the Readme.md files back in the spec and deliver them with the RPM packages.

And sorry for posting this here. This was just an ad-hoc response because I read the article.

Comment

Working...
    X