Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.11-rc4 Released With NVIDIA RTX 30 Mode-Setting, Haswell GT1 Graphics Restored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.11-rc4 Released With NVIDIA RTX 30 Mode-Setting, Haswell GT1 Graphics Restored

Phoronix: Linux 5.11-rc4 Released With NVIDIA RTX 30 Mode-Setting, Haswell GT1 Graphics Restored

Linux 5.11-rc4 was just released and it's looking like a fairly normal release at this stage of development aside from some notable additions that were merged this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Weirdest announcement. So how does this supposedly new 30 series compare to the already known 3000 series?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      Weirdest announcement. So how does this supposedly new 30 series compare to the already known 3000 series?
      Other than the fact that the 3000 series is not its name? Not much

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...rds/30-series/

Cheers,
      Mike

Comment

Has anyone else had problem booting with 5.11 at all? It is already RC4 and I still cannot boot at all, looks like a black screen and nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Mthw View Post
          Has anyone else had problem booting with 5.11 at all? It is already RC4 and I still cannot boot at all, looks like a black screen and nothing happens.
          It likely fails to mount a FAT32 partition, e.g. EFI boot entry in fstab. Don't ask me why an issue like this can still be in an RC, let alone RC4...

Comment

Working...
          X