Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFI Partners With Ubuntu For IoT Hardware, OTA Updates

Phoronix: DFI Partners With Ubuntu For IoT Hardware, OTA Updates

Most of you probably haven't heard of DFI much in nearly two decades since the days of their colorful "LanParty" motherboards that were well known at the time, but these days they are focused on the industrial computer industry and have now teamed up with Canonical to partake in the Ubuntu IoT Hardware Certification Partner Program...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The last DFI board I bought - the X48-T2R - remains the only board I've ever purchased which was not stable at stock. OK, so I used it at stock for about a day before overclocking the nuts off it - and got it to 3.8GHz (stable but too hot for my liking) so backed down to 3.6GHz, where it stayed until I decommissioned the system.

Their BIOS engineers were absolute genii. But then, before UEFI came along, any BIOS engineering was half genius and half witchcraft (or at least, assembly).

I'll watch this with interest, as DFI did/do some quality work.

Comment

Working...
    X