No announcement yet.

AMDVLK 2021.Q1.5 Released With Synchronization2, Another Extension To Help DXVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK 2021.Q1.5 Released With Synchronization2, Another Extension To Help DXVK

Phoronix: AMDVLK 2021.Q1.5 Released With Synchronization2, Another Extension To Help DXVK

In addition to yesterday marking the release of Mesa 21.0 that includes the likes of the RADV driver, today AMD released AMDVLK 2021.Q1.5 as their latest official open-source Vulkan driver derived from their cross-platform driver sources...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm surprised it took them until now to implement VK_EXT_4444_formats. The spec was drafted on July 4th, 2020. Patches were written for anv and radv by July 14th and 15th, respectively, then shipped on August 3rd, which is the exact release date of Vulkan 1.2.149—meaning, Mesa drivers had same-day support. Even zink added support for using this extension a few months ago.

The level of work here was miniscule—the radv patch weighs in at a whopping +10 lines of code. I guess it must've just fallen through the cracks for them.
    Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
    Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Working...
    X