AMD AOCC 3.0 Released As Zen 3 Optimized LLVM Clang 12 Based Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD AOCC 3.0 Released As Zen 3 Optimized LLVM Clang 12 Based Compiler

Phoronix: AMD AOCC 3.0 Released As Zen 3 Optimized LLVM Clang 12 Based Compiler

With today's AMD EPYC 7003 "Milan" launch there is also the public availability of AOCC 3.0 as their LLVM/Clang downstream now carrying patches for optimized Zen 3 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

seems the kernel is not liking the parenthesis of the versioning of this clang version I cannot compile the kernel.
    Code:
    AMD clang version 12.0.0 (CLANG: AOCC_3.0.0-Build#78 2020_12_10) (based on LLVM Mirror.Version.12.0.0)
    include/config/auto.conf.cmd:1371: *** sintaxis no válida en condicional. Alto.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayote View Post
      seems the kernel is not liking the parenthesis of the versioning of this clang version I cannot compile the kernel.
      Code:
      AMD clang version 12.0.0 (CLANG: AOCC_3.0.0-Build#78 2020_12_10) (based on LLVM Mirror.Version.12.0.0)
      I know this is of no help, but I just pulled the latest linux-tkg using aocc and it compiled successfully.

Comment

Also Michael (Does that even work?).

Could you possibly run some tests on AOCC for gaming. The last one you did (according to tagged articles) is 2017. It'd be nice to compare against GCC and LLVM with flto.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayote View Post
          Code:
          No, it does not like the # character, not the parentheses. I fixed this in https://git.kernel.org/linus/c75173a...0bd012ce4cc2e7, cherry-pick that into whatever kernel you are compiling if not mainline.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanchance View Post

No, it does not like the # character, not the parentheses. I fixed this in https://git.kernel.org/linus/c75173a...0bd012ce4cc2e7, cherry-pick that into whatever kernel you are compiling if not mainline.
            thanks now it's working

Comment

Working...
            X