AMD Announces New Zen 3 Desktop APUs, FidelityFX Super Resolution + More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces New Zen 3 Desktop APUs, FidelityFX Super Resolution + More

Phoronix: AMD Announces New Zen 3 Desktop APUs, FidelityFX Super Resolution + More

For being a virtual event, AMD's keynote for Computex Taipei 2021 is filled with quite a bit of excitement and multiple product announcements. Here are the highlights for AMD's new announcements at Computex 2021.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally something to look for to move away from Intel. Hopefully it will be good enough on Linux to buy it soon. I look forward to seeing lots of benchmarks.

Comment

The work to bring RayTracing to older GPUs, combined with the newly announced Fidelity FX Super Resolution has the potential to be a game changer in those times of GPU shortage.

Comment

is it the same vega crap. i just hope they will be generally available and not in some hidden way like the 4000g(e) series was.
        i still hope to build a GE version of low power mini pc that can also play my games at 25-30fps 1080p low everything

Comment

Will we finally start seeing laptops with AMD dgpus? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
            Will we finally start seeing laptops with AMD dgpus? I hope so.
            Supercharge your Mac with Setapp! Download and install today at http://stpp.co/LinusTechTips2Check out Crucial at: https://crucial.gg/LinusTechTipsWhen was t...

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
              is it the same vega crap. i just hope they will be generally available and not in some hidden way like the 4000g(e) series was.
              i still hope to build a GE version of low power mini pc that can also play my games at 25-30fps 1080p low everything
              I got the impression they have produced too much vega dies and now they have to get rid of them somehow

Comment

vega again? I was hopping some apu with rdna2 but ok one more year waiting

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                  You can. Buy Asrock DeskMini X300 + Ryzen 4350G, then undervolt and underclock it.

Comment

Funny how all these x86 announcements, as impressive as they sound, are just a touch underwhelming now that Apple has set a radical new benchmark with the M1.

I used to get very excited about the latest and greatest x86 variants but now I really don't care that much anymore. Analysing my own perceptions I really think x86 as a "brand" has been damaged and I care much more about what Apple will bring out for M1X (or M2 or whatever), or Qualcomm, or Nvidia's Orin ARM platform, than anything that Intel or AMD are doing.

To be clear, this is NOT a software comment: I far prefer Linux, but hardware wise these guys, even AMD, have been routed by Apple when it comes to perf/watt, and even arguably price. It's just embarrassing.
                    Last edited by vegabook; 01 June 2021, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X