Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 92 Released With crypto.randomUUID, Security Fixes

Phoronix: Chrome 92 Released With crypto.randomUUID, Security Fixes

Google today released Chrome 92 as their newest release on the browser's four-week release regiment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do they have strict anti-fingerprinting like Brave?

Oh wait, no, that would go against Google's core business model. More likely they are implementing "strict fingerprinting".

Comment

did they kill ads blocker yet ?

Comment

Chromium is unusable on wlroots based wms.

Comment

Apparaently chromium 92 is broken on Arch Linux when using systemd-resolved...

Comment

all i see is outsourcing or compelling other devs or firms to fix intentional backdoors.

is it normal to have so many issues about "insufficient policy enforcement"

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
              Do they have strict anti-fingerprinting like Brave?

Oh wait, no, that would go against Google's core business model. More likely they are implementing "strict fingerprinting".
              If you think that's bad. Wait until you see Chrome on Windows. https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comm..._and_why_does/

Google is scanning ALL THE FILES on your computer. Not only Chrome or Windows files. Heck not even just the main drive. It scans everything that the system can access. Well that sounds a lot like spyware/malware... a program that installs another program on your computer that you do not know about and runs without being told to run. Google Chrome does exactly that and yet nobody is freaking out about it. No official posts about it from Google. Just a silent backend process that's enabled by default. https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comm...tool_scanning/

We know that Microsoft have been pulling this crap since Windows 10 telemetry was introduced (automatic upload of files to Microsoft cloud), but Google via an app not an OS. What the **** Sundar Pichai???

Comment

^^^ Even more reason to use Firefox, seriously guys, there's no excuse. Firefox is just way better. Ignore the benchmarks on this one.

Comment

The Shared Element Transitions API is cool but I'm waiting for the Shared Telescope API which will allow devs gazing at the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

If you think that's bad. Wait until you see Chrome on Windows. https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comm..._and_why_does/

Google is scanning ALL THE FILES on your computer. Not only Chrome or Windows files. Heck not even just the main drive. It scans everything that the system can access. Well that sounds a lot like spyware/malware... a program that installs another program on your computer that you do not know about and runs without being told to run. Google Chrome does exactly that and yet nobody is freaking out about it. No official posts about it from Google. Just a silent backend process that's enabled by default. https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comm...tool_scanning/

We know that Microsoft have been pulling this crap since Windows 10 telemetry was introduced (automatic upload of files to Microsoft cloud), but Google via an app not an OS. What the **** Sundar Pichai???
                    That makes me glad that, when I need Chrome, I'm running Ungoogled Chromium in Incognito Mode in Flatpak with manually narrowed permissions so it can only see its own downloads folder, separate from those used by things like my Flatpak'd copies of Deluge and JDownloader. Amnesia and blindness to the greatest feasible extent by default.

Comment

Working...
                    X